Monday, October 8, 2012

The Great Indiana Jones Adventure

Indiana Jones is the most epic adventurer I know of. He is quick on his feet, good at solving problems, and always has another adventure he's ready to go on. The closest adventurer to Indiana Jones would be my husband, Tim Watt. He always has a new place to explore, another treasure to find, or just some Spanish symbols to investigate. Another thing they both have in common... The Hat.

Indiana Jones

Tim's hat has been a part of him for so long, that my children can't draw a picture of Daddy unless it has a hat on. He wears it everywhere he goes and it has enough wear and tear to show the adventurer that he is.
Tim Watt

This weekend we took the kids to the local amusement park, Lagoon. If you are a native Utahn, then you know exactly what I'm talking about. The roller coasters and thrill rides, all the stuff for the adrenaline junkie to get their fix for the year. My kids included. The first ride you go on when you get there is always The White Roller coaster. We stepped on the ride strapped ourselves in and got ready to go. As we slowly made our ascent, I reminded Tim to watch his hat. "I got it" he says. Halfway through the ride, it flew off his head, hit Centauri's arm, and fell overboard! I could have cried!

The exact spot he lost it is covered by the tree in the left hand corner.

There was no way he could just walk away. My brother Christian and I took the kids on a few more rides and Tim became more and more obsessed with getting his hat back. He walked the perimeter of the coaster, going back and forth trying to find it. It was nowhere. It had disappeared and was lost forever. He was feeling so sick and thinking "Not like this, a cliff or a river, not like this!" We went to the security office and checked the lost and found. In a last ditch attempt to find it, we rode the White coaster once again, this time to see if we could see the hat.


Tim with no hat is NO BUENO!!

When we came to the place that he lost it at, I looked around and saw it. It was between the tracks! I yelled "I found it" and everyone cheered in excitement. The problem now, was how in the world could we retrieve it? There was talk of breaking in after hours and all manner of silliness going around the kids. Tim was willing to do anything. It felt like the moment on The Last Crusade when Indy had just climbed up the cliff and everyone was so happy to see him, but he still didn't have his hat. He sits down to take a rest and his hat flies in front of him.

I knew we would get it back somehow. Tim went to security again and told them exactly where it was. He was told they were doing a track sweep at seven and he should come back then. We did a few more rides and had some more fun. Seven o'clock came around and Tim went to see if they got his hat. The kids and I decided to head back to the picnic tables with my brother and his young-un. We were eating a snack and praying that God would let Daddy get his hat back.


He's just so cute and sexy!!!

Sure enough, he comes strolling in with his sexy hat on his head and a grin on his face. "I'm back, Baby!" he says as everyone cheered so loud I'm sure the whole park could hear it! So, just like Indiana Jones, my adventurer lives to go on another adventure with his amazing hat intact and on his head, where it should be!

No comments:

Post a Comment